How many times have you heard this?
"YOU SHOULD WRITE A BOOK!"
Print-on-demand (“POD”) book publishing has liberated writers and artists who have aspired to publish books but lacked the financial resources to fund even a small print run of a well-designed product. This has all changed.
You can now create your own book and bring it to market.
Being able to print as many or as few as you wish has resulted in a flood of self-published books. As you can imagine, that flood contains the good, the bad and the ugly... along with the sublime. I jumped into this flood with books of my own and discovered that while it is now possible for anyone to publish, it is NOT SIMPLE.
Don't look back and wish you had a professional product...
Make it terrific right from the start!
- Most writers/artists have uneven or no knowledge of page layout, typography, proper grammar, preparation of photos, color correction, and so on. "Easy" layout programs do not solve these issues. Unfortunately, ignorance is bliss, so when your book is in print and you discover that it lacks professional shine, it's too late.
- Working from the start with Little Big Bay can make a huge difference. We have years of design and editing experience. From evaluating your book’s price relative to its potential market; cover design; page layout and pleasing typography; removing rough edges; all the way to final, print-ready files, Little Big Bay will make sure that the book living in your mind (or on your computer) sees the light of day IN STYLE!
- We can provide files for you to upload to a printer or a whole package. See CHOICES on this site.
- LBB can create your book, make it look fabulous and bring it to an online market but we cannot drive customers to that market or control the market. You will see products and promises from POD publishers in this area which may be illusory. For example, a "free website." Since no one will know about this web site, it is usually worthless. Better to spend your time promoting Amazon and other online retail sites where your customer can make a purchase.
- POD books are most successful when the author has established a platform with blogging, Facebook, networking, groups, and so on. The time to think about creating a platform is BEFORE you publish a book.
- While POD has given incredible access to authors, it also demands more of them in areas of book creation and marketing savvy. I want my clients to know this up front because I do not want them to be unprepared or disappointed.
Creating a book is exciting and daunting!
LBB is here to remove the anxiety and fear that can keep a good idea from moving forward. Let’s go on the adventure together and get that book out of your head and INTO YOUR HANDS. We want to be bragging about you!
Our strength is in the personal service and relationships we have with our authors.
• You WILL be able to get us on the phone!
• We WILL be able to deal with your book anxiety!
• We might even drive YOU a little crazy as we believe that the devil is in the details and we obsess over the details.
Please read the CHOICES section of this site for contact information.
Roslyn Nelson, Publisher
Little Big Bay